Sunday 13 January 2013

Guardian Angel - Sonnet

(My first attempt at writing a Sonnet. For she, who woke me up from my slumber n made me take up poems)



On a distance I saw lily whites,
Nearer I found you in bright.
Guided me away from blight,
Like a lamb I followed the light.

In sadness I will dissolve,
Only to be precipitated by your Love.
Once I had a God,
Now I have her smile.

Extricate me from the pain of longing,
Across the prostration I swam,
To reach the far away horizon.

The wistfulness for your care
Carrying me through the apoplexy,
There I saw the shore of comfort in you.

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I especially like :
    In sadness I will dissolve,
    Only to be precipitated by your Love.
    Once I had a God,
    Now I have her smile.
    - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple & Awesome.!
    Keep Writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful,Simple and excellent

    ReplyDelete